|It is now possible to 3D print almost anything, from body parts to cars. 3D printing is hailed as the next industrial revolution and the printers themselves range from small desktop units for hobbyists to massive industrial machines designed for production-grade manufacturing.
When a maker of high-speed industrial 3D printers was looking for cost-effective but quiet 600-watt power supplies for their latest machine, the developers turned to the Artesyn LCM600 series. These power supplies are available with sophisticated smart fan algorithms providing low-noise performance. The digitally controlled topology of the LCM600 series provides the highest level of flexibility with simple software changes to suit the client’s needs.
The new 507 Series Cartridge Fuse from Littelfuse is ideal for over-current protection in high-voltage DC power circuits. Its small footprint simplifies creating compact designs for power conversion equipment that demands higher operating efficiencies. It is available in both standard cartridge and axial-leaded designs, is RoHS compliant and 100% lead free.
Typical applications for the 507 Series include over-current protection for variable frequency drives (VFDs), photovoltaic (PV) inverters, DC-DC converters, high-voltage power supplies, etc.
- High DC voltage rating of 650V with interrupting rating of 150A@650VDC in a compact 6x32mm footprint
- 1A – 8A current rating
- Operating temperature from −55°C to 125°C
- Provides robust over-current protection for high-voltage DC power circuits; enables compact design for power conversion equipment demanding higher operating efficiencies
- Well suited for most commercially available 200V Class and 400V Class VFDs
- Provides reliable protection in extreme temperature environments
• Ultraminiature surface mount
• Low profile
• Contact rating: 0.3A @ 6 VDC
• -20°C to 85°C operating temperature
• Computer peripherals & network products
• Telecommunication products
• Test & measurement equipment
• Home automation