Today we announced the MachXO3D FPGA for securing hardware in a range of applications. Unsecured hardware can lead to data and design theft, equipment hijacking, data modification, and device overbuilding and cloning.
With MachXO3D, developers can implement robust, comprehensive, simple and flexible hardware-based security. MachXO3D combines Root-of-Trust (RoT) capability with a variety of security related functions enabling developed to secure hardware from manufacturing to end-of-life.
Key features of MachXO3D include:
- Control function FPGA that provides 4K and 9K look-up tables for implementing logic that instantly configures at power up from on device flash memory
- On-device regulator for single 2.5/3.3-volt power supply operation. Support for up to 2700 Kbits of user Flash memory and up to 430 Kbits sysMEM™ embedded block RAM to provide more flexible design options
- Up to 383 I/O, configurable to support LVCMOS 3.3 to 1.0, and designed to integrate into a wide variety of system environments with features such as hot-socketing, default pull-down, input hysteresis, and programmable slew rate
- Embedded Security Block that provides pre-verified hardware support for cryptographic functions such as ECC, AES, SHA, PKC and Unique Secure ID
- Embedded Secure Configuration Engine to ensure only FPGA configurations from a trusted source can be installed
- Dual on-device configuration memories to enable fail-safe reprogramming of component firmware in the event of compromise
More information can also be found HERE